MS Word on iPad OS 26 Will Not Select Text

Anthony Hunter 85 Reputation points
2025-10-23T18:57:47.6333333+00:00

Word for iPad on iPad OS 26 will not select text with the mouse or trackpad on my iPad Air M3 13 Inch. Text selection works in every other app on the device except Word. I have had to resort to using Word in the web browser to overcome the issue. Hopefully, a fix is coming. I am running iPad OS 26.01.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Other

7 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Jon 'Mojo' Mills 10 Reputation points
    2026-02-15T17:20:35.25+00:00

    It does work actually. I saw elsewhere. You just need to hold down for two or three seconds before dragging.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

  2. Erik 5 Reputation points
    2026-03-02T08:19:22.08+00:00

    I have the same problem. I've been sending the report for a while now, but I haven't received a response. What can we do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.