A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
I have the same problem. I've been sending the report for a while now, but I haven't received a response. What can we do?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Word for iPad on iPad OS 26 will not select text with the mouse or trackpad on my iPad Air M3 13 Inch. Text selection works in every other app on the device except Word. I have had to resort to using Word in the web browser to overcome the issue. Hopefully, a fix is coming. I am running iPad OS 26.01.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
I have the same problem. I've been sending the report for a while now, but I haven't received a response. What can we do?
It does work actually. I saw elsewhere. You just need to hold down for two or three seconds before dragging.
That was happening to me just today. I was trying to select the text on a word document on my iPad that just recently got updated to version 26. It was so frustrating driving me crazy. So i looked online to see different work arounds for this. Then AI said that iPad version 26 does have the text select capability for WORD but that there were several users reporting issues with this. AI said to hold on the text for 2-3 seconds before selecting texts. So i attempted this on my word document and it WORKED!! It actually worked. It’s not instant or as fast as before but it’s honestly not that slow.. you just have to wait a sec or two clicking on the text you want to start from and then you can select the rest as you did before. Best of luck and thanks for your above comments!
jan and it’s still not working 😭
I am unable to use any mouse for this. It works in Power Point though.