Feedback on New Outlook for Mac – Formatting Options Removed

VGD 25 Reputation points
2025-10-22T19:32:23.0366667+00:00

Hello,

 

I am currently using Version 16.102.1 (25101829) of the new Outlook for Mac, which I updated to today. It has been extremely frustrating to discover that most formatting options have been removed, and even composing an email in Word and pasting it into Outlook no longer preserves the formatting.

 

Critical options that appear to be missing include “Mark Paragraph” and “Line Spacing.”

Outlook for Mac has always been inconsistent with Word when it comes to formatting, but at least before, there were tools to fix it. Now, those tools are gone. This makes writing professional emails — especially those requiring precise formatting — unnecessarily complicated.

 

Frankly, it feels as though there is a blatant disregard for Mac users. We are not test subjects for unfinished (or reckless) updates. If a release is not ready or is simply deficient, it should not be rolled out — or at least, it should be properly tested before doing so.

 

Also, Copilot is virtually useless. If Microsoft’s goal is to push Mac users to switch to PCs, this is certainly not the way to achieve it.

 

I realize that direct help may be difficult to obtain, but please consider this message the voice of a very dissatisfied customer who simply wants Outlook for Mac to work efficiently, so as to keep buying the Microsft package.

 

Sincerely,

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Marie-Hélène Paré 10 Reputation points
    2025-10-29T14:05:54.24+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    I am running Outlook for Mac 16.102.2 and I have the same interligne problem since the update came into force. My emails now look so unprofessional. This is pathetic.

    I am attaching a screenshot that shows the extra space between the line even when the interligne is set to 1, and what my emails look like before the update (bottom part).

    Microsoft, do fix this asap.

    Screenshot 2025-10-29 at 15.02.51.png

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Hornblower409 16,335 Reputation points
    2025-10-28T13:04:01.5733333+00:00

    Some (not all) recent Outlook for Mac Feature Request that you can vote for, instead of creating more new ones.

    Bring Back Find & Replace
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/ba0d79fc-40b1-f011-aa44-7c1e5298a4a1

    Bring back paragraph formatting tools
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/58c2fcc8-b26b-f011-95f3-7c1e52d941f8

    Formatting ability removed/reduced
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/a994c786-4cb3-f011-aa43-7c1e526e4a18

    Formatting, Paragraph and Font Issues on Mac Desktop App
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/00e376c0-39b1-f011-aa43-7c1e526e4a18

    Paragraph Formatting Feature Removed - Need It Back
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/009aebfc-f9b0-f011-aa44-7c1e5298a4a1

    Reinstate the Paragraph Formatting Option
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/cf27a3e8-5cb0-f011-aa43-7c1e529756a0

    Please put the paragraph formatting option back. I use it all the time
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/65052b70-b1af-f011-aa44-7c1e52e168a6

    Allow Use of Older Outlook Editor While New One is Completed
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/2fc5ff6e-11b1-f011-aa44-7c1e5298a4a1

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Anonymous
    2025-10-23T01:24:00.2633333+00:00

    Hi VGD, 

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A Forum!

    Have a good day and I hope you're doing well!

    First of all, I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Outlook for Mac. Your feedback is very specific and sincere. It's really valuable, as many other users are encountering similar situations right now. 

    I completely understand the frustration when a familiar tool suddenly changes, especially when formatting options like line spacing or paragraph features that are crucial for composing professional emails seem to be missing. I truly empathize. Outlook is software that supports daily work, so any disruption is worth addressing. 

    Based on my experience in the test environment, I've found that the New Outlook for Mac still has the Line Spacing option, and it works similarly to Outlook Web. Additionally, regarding the "Mark Paragraph" function (marking or controlling paragraph layout), New Outlook provides actions like alignment, indenting, left-right-center justification, and adding paragraph spacing in essence, these are equivalent features to help you control paragraph formatting accurately. 

    To assist you better, could you send me a screenshot of the Format Text section in your Outlook? This will help me see the specific issue more clearly and provide more precise guidance. 

    While the development team continues to improve the new version, I recommend trying one of the following temporary alternatives: 

    Legacy Outlook (Classic Outlook for Mac): This allows you to revert to the old interface with full formatting features, including “Mark Paragraph” and “Line Spacing” that you mentioned. You can try it and see if it meets your needs exactly. 

    Reverting to a previous Outlook version:  If possible, you can revert to experiencing a previous version (one that ran smoothly) to optimize your workflow. You can refer to the update history and instructions here: Update history for Office for Mac

    I also encourage you to submit feedback directly through the Outlook app (Help > Feedback) or via the Microsoft Feedback Portal. Feedback sent through these channels reaches the engineering team and product managers, who can directly decide on improvements in future updates.  Your feedback along with that from many other users is the driving force for them to prioritize bringing those features back. 

    Please note, I am just a forum moderator and do not have the authority to make direct changes to the software. However, I commit to forwarding your comments to the appropriate development team so they can understand the impact on users. 

    Once again, thank you for raising the issue in such a straightforward and constructive way.  Feedback like yours truly helps Microsoft better understand real-world experiences to improve the product for users. 


    If the answer is partially helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".    

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.