Audio issues after win11 25h2 update

Henry Jasinski 125 Reputation points
2025-10-22T15:00:54.4933333+00:00

Audio issues after recent update to win 11 25h2. I get a click or pop before a new email notification sound, when I delete emails, etc. The popping sound also happens when I open up a youtube video or any other video saved on my PC. THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!! I tried deleting and updating the Realtek audio driver and it comes back saying I have the highest level driver. NEVER had this issue with win 10!!!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Answer recommended by moderator
Henry Jasinski 125 Reputation points
2025-10-25T01:55:43.9666667+00:00

In case any one needs to know, I had to roll back the RealTek audio driver back to a 2017 level to get the PC working again. Then, Usoft comes up with some sort of update that downloads updated RealTek drivers and it brought me back to the same level I had that had the problem! I uninstalled the driver, restarted the system and now I have a Usoft driver that installed itself as a high definition audio driver in place of the RealTek driver. It appears to have solved the issue!! Time will tell!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.

5 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-10-22T20:28:49.53+00:00

    Dear Henry Jasinski,

    Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Q&A Forum.

    I understand your frustration with the audio popping or clicking sounds occurring before notification tones, when deleting emails, or when starting videos on your Windows 11 25H2 system, particularly since this did not occur on Windows 10.

    You could try following these steps below to solve this issue:

    1. Run the built-in audio troubleshooter:
      • Press Windows + I to open Settings.
      • Navigate to System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters.
      • Locate "Playing Audio" and select Run.
      • Follow the on-screen prompts to apply any recommended fixes.
      • Restart your system and test for the popping sound.
    2. Disable audio enhancement and exclusive mode:
      • Right-click the speaker icon in your taskbar and select "Sound settings."
      • Scroll down and click on "More sound settings."
      • Go to the "Playback" tab.
      • Right-click your default Realtek audio device (with the green checkmark) and select Properties.
      • Go to the "Enhancements" tab (or it might be under an "Advanced" tab or named "Signal Enhancements").
      • Check the box that says "Disable all enhancements" or "Disable all sound effects."
      • Click Apply, then OK. Test if the popping persists.
    3. Change power management settings for audio devices:
      • Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
      • Expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section.
      • Right-click on your Realtek audio device and select Properties.
      • Look for a "Power Management" tab. If it exists, go to it.
      • Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
      • Click OK.
      • You can also expand the "System devices" section in Device Manager. Look for an entry like "High Definition Audio Controller" (or similar). Right-click it, go to Properties > Power Management (if available), and uncheck the power-saving option there too.
      • Restart your computer.
    4. Install manufacturer-specific drivers:
      • Download the latest audio driver specifically listed for your computer model and Windows 11 from your PC manufacturer's support website.
      • Press Windows + X, select Device manager > Sound, video and game controllers.
      • Right-click your Realtek device and select "Uninstall device."
      • Crucially, check the box that says "Attempt to remove the driver for this device." Click Uninstall.
      • Restart your computer.
      • After restarting, run the installer for the manufacturer's driver you downloaded.

    I hope this could help. If you have any further issues, I'm very happy to assist.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.