Audio issues after win11 25h2 update

Henry Jasinski 125 Reputation points
2025-10-22T15:00:54.4933333+00:00

Audio issues after recent update to win 11 25h2. I get a click or pop before a new email notification sound, when I delete emails, etc. The popping sound also happens when I open up a youtube video or any other video saved on my PC. THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!! I tried deleting and updating the Realtek audio driver and it comes back saying I have the highest level driver. NEVER had this issue with win 10!!!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Answer recommended by moderator
Henry Jasinski 125 Reputation points
2025-10-25T01:55:43.9666667+00:00

In case any one needs to know, I had to roll back the RealTek audio driver back to a 2017 level to get the PC working again. Then, Usoft comes up with some sort of update that downloads updated RealTek drivers and it brought me back to the same level I had that had the problem! I uninstalled the driver, restarted the system and now I have a Usoft driver that installed itself as a high definition audio driver in place of the RealTek driver. It appears to have solved the issue!! Time will tell!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.

5 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Hoover1979 0 Reputation points
    2026-03-13T22:30:30.9833333+00:00

    I have audio issues related to both my Sound Blaster AE-7 and my Sound Blaster X4, with my Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers. When using the 3 stereo jacks (FL/FR, C/LFE, RL/RR) on both systems, I don't get even the tiniest hint of audio from the LFE. I have tried disabling audio enhancements, disabling app-related exclusive control, reinstalled the drivers/software after first uninstalling the devices in device manager, then uninstalling the drivers for both devices, and uninstalling and reinstalling both Sound Blaster Command (for AE-7) and Creative App (For X4), and even tried using one device while the other is disabled in device manager. Again, NO BASS! I also don't get bass from my Beyerdynamic headphones.

    The ONLY way I am able to get bass now is on the Sound Blaster X4, when I connect it to my Z906 via Optical and selecting Dolby Digital Live in the Windows settings for SPDIF (as it is passing raw audio to the decoder, without Windows processing the bass, and losing said bass in the process, as it does for analog audio). I can't do this on the AE-7 as it can only use 5.1 audio via optical for direct bitstreaming, and therefore I could only get surround sound on DVD's with DD5.1 and Blu-Rays with DTS5.1 codecs, while everything else plays in 2.0 stereo.

    On top of that, Windows 11 25H2 has messed with the RGB on my Keyboard (Steelseries Apex 7), caused the dimming on my ASUS ROG Strix XG27ACMS monitor to flicker, and not respond properly in both HDR and SDR modes, causes my games and OS to run in fast-forward, with stuttering (by messing with the timers of my i9-14900KF CPU, and/or messing with my RTX 3070), and is giving me artifacts in both the OS and in games. Sometimes, when booting up, I get artifacts on the desktop, and Windows says "Your PC has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted", followed by a PC restart. This happens even after an in-place repair of the OS so it is the OS itself that is broken, not an issue with settings. I tried all the workarounds I could find through googling, and NONE of them worked AT ALL!

    It seems EVERY core component of Windows 11 25H2 is completely, totally, and utterly broken!

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. The Great Buran 115 Reputation points
    2025-11-03T05:51:36.2733333+00:00

    This issue cannot be fixed, It was introduced in early 2023. In both 11 and 10.

    I Have yet to run into a windows machine where its audio doesn't pop and crackle when pausing or the end of certain audio frequencies.

    Tried 10+ PCs (I do PC Repairs)

    in different properties

    Different drivers

    Different peripherals.

    No changes to bios or power management/PCI link will fix this.

    Move to linux, I have had enough of Windows focusing on AI while their OS has become unusable for many games with audio for nearly 3 years. They butchered the sub stack.

    Windows engineers will try and reinstall drivers and change your power management, then tell you, your Hardware is faulty.

    What is every PC faulty now?

    Just poor effort from MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.

  4. JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
    2025-11-01T17:28:44.5366667+00:00

    Popping sound is mostly related to power management when the audio chip "wakes" up from sleep. As laptops get thinner and thinner, they have to get more aggressive in forcing everything not currently using to sleep. So to "fix" your problem, go through everything related to power management - from BIOS update to chipset driver update to audio driver update to windows os update to dialing the os power management to a lesser aggressive mode.

    s1

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.