How to fix ESU error "We can’t enroll you in Extended Security Updates right now" when trying to enroll?

Eri 65 Reputation points
2025-10-08T01:44:27.89+00:00

I'm trying to enroll to ESU (Extended Security Updates) as the updates are ending and I cant yet update to Windows 11 because its not available even though my PC meets the requirements. The process is very straight-forward, I click "enroll now" on the windows updates page and go through the process until the last page where I get told I'm eligible (first image attached), I click "Enroll" and after I do I get redirected to a page with the title "Something went wrong" and alongside that "We can’t enroll you in Extended Security Updates right now" (second image attached). This happens regardless of when or how many times I try. I've tried going through live support, but after a 30 minute wait, all I got told was to post on the forums. So here I am, with windows 10 updates ending and not being able to update to windows 11, it feels a bit more urgent. Any help appreciated.Capture2

Capture1

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

15 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Fathy Shawky 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-17T06:59:22.1066667+00:00

    **I am still stuck in the same problem; I logged out of the domain. Changed internet. And tried everything here but still got the same message.
    **User's image

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Aida LaPerchia 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-11T22:55:51.07+00:00

    I’m trying to enroll in the extended security update for window 10 on my computer who is not compatible for window 11, but I have not been successful

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. la_ms 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-26T13:41:54.08+00:00

    Find my Device to "ON" fix it for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. aSoCKreply001 85 Reputation points
    2025-10-17T17:42:43.4633333+00:00

    Hello Eri. I had a similar issue. But after clicking on the 'enroll' button in the Windows 10 update menu (under "Settings/update&security/Windows Update") I did not even get to the next step where I would be able to choose one of the options for ESU. In my case a black popup window opened and then closed immediately.

    I was able to resolve that issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling the October 14, 2025—KB5066791 update. After that I was able to continue with the ESU steps with no problems.

    Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.