It won't let me send emails because I have exceeded my limit but I've sent less than 5!

Isaac Linley Team 0 Reputation points
2025-10-04T12:03:54.44+00:00

I have sent less than 5 emails but when I try to send a calendar invite to 14 people it says:

Your message can't be sent because you've reached your 24 hour limit for message recipients. Please try again in 24 hours

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Arlene D 36,235 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-10-04T12:37:20.86+00:00

    Hi, Isaac, thanks for reaching out and I know how confusing it.

    Microsoft has a daily recipient limit, and that includes both emails and calendar invites. Even if you only sent a few emails, your calendar invite with 14 people adds to the total count. Once you hit the set limit, Outlook blocks you from sending more until 24 hours pass. The only fix is to wait for the limit to reset or reduce the number of recipients in one send.

    Hope it clarifies everything.

    Best,

    Arlene D.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.