Can Microsoft Support check for hidden inbox rules, and malicious add-ins associated with my account and remove them?

Anonymous
2025-10-02T19:23:51.0033333+00:00

Hello,

My Outlook.com account keeps generating draft emails with .ics calendar invite attachments. This happens even when:

  • I have changed my password multiple times.
  • MFA (two-step verification) is enabled.
  • I have signed out everywhere and revoked all app permissions.
  • I have checked and removed all visible inbox rules, forwarding, junk/safe senders, signatures, and automatic replies.
  • I have removed all connected devices and tested only in Outlook Web.

The drafts still appear in Outlook Web when no devices are connected, which indicates there is likely a server-side hidden inbox rule or malicious add-in active on my account.

Can Microsoft Support please:

  1. Check for hidden inbox rules and remove them.
  2. Check for malicious add-ins associated with my account and remove them.

This issue appears to be server-side and cannot be resolved from my end.

Thank you.Hello,

My Outlook.com account keeps generating draft emails with .ics calendar invite attachments. This happens even when:

  • I have changed my password multiple times.
  • MFA (two-step verification) is enabled.
  • I have signed out everywhere and revoked all app permissions.
  • I have checked and removed all visible inbox rules, forwarding, junk/safe senders, signatures, and automatic replies.
  • I have removed all connected devices and tested only in Outlook Web.

The drafts still appear in Outlook Web when no devices are connected, which indicates there is likely a server-side hidden inbox rule or malicious add-in active on my account.

Can Microsoft Support please:

  1. Check for hidden inbox rules and remove them.
  2. Check for malicious add-ins associated with my account and remove them.

This issue appears to be server-side and cannot be resolved from my end.

Thank you.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Tourica 10 Reputation points
    2025-10-04T14:25:46.1733333+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Diane Poremsky 8,275 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-10-02T20:10:50.2833333+00:00

    Yes, they can, but you need to contact them though the support link.

    In Outlook on the web. Click on Help tab > Help and type in some search terms. Then at the bottom, click Yes button for Still need help.

    Or use this link: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.