Hi Soofast959,
Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A Community!
Thank you for sharing the details and all the steps you’ve already tried. I can understand how frustrating it is when something that worked perfectly for years suddenly stops. You’ve done an excellent job troubleshooting so far.
Previously, Win + H voice typing relied mainly on Microsoft’s cloud-based speech services until a recent Windows update changed this behavior. The system now expects the Enhanced Speech Recognition component as part of the speech pipeline for better reliability and offline fallback. If it’s missing, you may see the “There was a connection issue” error, even if your microphone and internet connection are fine.
Here's how you can address the issue, please kindly follow (I have provided an image as instruction below):
- Go to Settings → Time & language → Language & region.
- Under your language, click (•••) then choose Language options.
- Download Enhanced speech recognition.
- Restart your PC and try Win + H again.
This should restore voice typing functionality. I know it’s frustrating when updates change familiar behavior, but this adjustment is designed to make voice typing more consistent and resilient. Thank you for your patience and persistence, you’re very close to getting this working again!
I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Please keep me informed.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. Accepting an answer helps us track the effectiveness of our support efforts. If you have additional questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.