How to resolve OneNote error "Sorry, we couldn't get the right information to show the text correctly" Error Details "GetReaderModel API error: \"\", Response HTTP code: 0"

bamxx 40 Reputation points
2025-09-29T14:52:23.7+00:00

When I try to use the Immersive Reader in OneNote, I get this error message, and it just started today 09/29/2025:

Sorry, we couldn't get the right information to show the text correctly.

Error Details "GetReaderModel API error: "", Response HTTP code: 0"

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. deniz 25 Reputation points
    2025-10-05T16:21:45.7566667+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. I spoke with the representative and he said the problem could be resolved within 1-2 months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. 선생님8 25 Reputation points
    2025-10-01T15:35:54.9566667+00:00

    I have a same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Kimberly Olaño 23,615 Reputation points
    2025-09-29T19:36:27.6266667+00:00

    Hello! bamxx. Thanks for the details.

    This exact error began showing up for many users on 09/29/2025, which strongly suggests a temporary backend issue with the Immersive Reader API.

    Here's what to do:

    1. Check the Microsoft 365 Service Health dashboard (if you’re a tenant admin) for incidents related to OneNote or Immersive Reader / Cognitive Services.
    2. If you see an entry (often labeled something like "Users may be unable to launch Immersive Reader in OneNote"), you likely just need to wait until Microsoft resolves it.

    See if this helps. If you need further assistance, just let me know.

    Best regards,

    Kimberly

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.