Pasword manager not filling in app passwords

Stephen Curry 80 Reputation points
2025-09-25T21:33:07.2466667+00:00

I cannot get passwords filled in on Android in apps despite selecting it as the default android autofill service. It worked with Authenticator. Is this supported?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Android

8 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Dimas Ahmad Eka Putra 20 Reputation points
    2025-10-10T17:39:17.28+00:00

    Edge for Android Canary version 143.0.3608.0 Android is released on Oct 10. Autofill for other Apps feature is still broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Veticia 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-11T21:10:22.0466667+00:00

    I tried Edge Canary 143.0.3610.0 and it seems to be working again. However it looks like the format of saved password changed as it asked me for passwords that are already saved (and saving them as a new field in passwords tab). After saving it edge canary started filling the passwords again. However I had to click on the password and not the login field as was the usual before.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Dimas Ahmad Eka Putra 20 Reputation points
    2025-11-20T22:30:04.37+00:00

    Since Microsoft Edge team has made password autofill functionality broken in Android for months without any signs of improvements, I've decided to stay away from storing my passwords there and use a paid 3rd party app instead. Atleast I know I have supports for one of the most important features I use daily instead of this uncertainty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.