Pasword manager not filling in app passwords

Stephen Curry 80 Reputation points
2025-09-25T21:33:07.2466667+00:00

I cannot get passwords filled in on Android in apps despite selecting it as the default android autofill service. It worked with Authenticator. Is this supported?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Android

8 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Carl-L 23,080 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2025-09-26T10:11:10.1033333+00:00

    Hi Stephen Curry

    Thanks for posting on Microsoft Q&A forum. I understand that you are having issue using the autofill function on Microsoft Edge for Android. When the switch of Autofill from the Authenticator apps to Edge was implied, the generated password history is not retained. So, you will need to reenter the password that was not retained as a work around. You can check the saved passwords in the Edge app by going to Settings > Passwords. Here is the article about the change for your reference, Changes to Microsoft Authenticator autofill - Microsoft Support. I hope this clarifies your question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. José Paulino Lerma 35 Reputation points
    2025-10-01T15:44:08.8866667+00:00

    I have this same exact issue as well. Was working fine a week ago. Edge refuses to autofill for any app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Jack Nix 65 Reputation points
    2025-10-02T15:42:45.8933333+00:00

    I have read several articles about this in the past few days and experienced it firsthand at work. Microsoft broke the autofill in the latest Ege update. Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Mayoineko 50 Reputation points
    2025-10-03T00:50:53.9866667+00:00

    I am aware that Microsoft Authenticator's fill service has been discontinued.

    However, the current issue is that auto-fill does not work in any apps even after setting it up in Edge.

    This issue began about a week ago, and all other companies' auto-fill services are functioning normally.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. CrazyKats 19,920 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-10-10T17:20:22.4666667+00:00

    @Jeffrey This icon can be used to send

    Feedback to the Edge Team.

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.