I can't Enrol in Extended Security Updates

Richard Jayes 40 Reputation points
2025-09-17T00:05:56.42+00:00

My computer has the latest update.

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 22H2

Installed on ‎18/‎04/‎2024

OS Build 19045.6332

However, when I open settings to Enrol in Extended Security Updates, I get as far as signing into my Microsoft Account. See below:

User's image

However, I then get into my account, but there are no prompts. All I get is encouragement to subscribe to Microsoft 365 etc and a list of my computers. But no prompt to Extend security updates. I've checked online, but I'm not getting the next window that is shown.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | End of support (EOS)

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

13 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. BlueBliss-3696 40 Reputation points
    2025-10-15T03:38:06.32+00:00

    I have the option to enroll enabled in Windows Update but when I click on Next it says "An adult needs to sign in to this device and enroll in Extended Security Updates." That makes no sense, and there's seemingly no option to enroll from a browser. WTF??

    Was this answer helpful?

  2. Sher Mose 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-15T16:46:05.48+00:00

    Had same issue, resolved it by restarting my laptop. After complete installation of last update, the link to enroll shows up on Windows Update page. However, it keeps on asking me to login to my account and fix something, there were no pop ups once login in to fix.

    I restarted the laptop after several tries of enroll link going nowher. Once it restarted, navigated back to Windows update and click the link. This time didn't ask to log in to ms account but says you eligible for ESU, I clicked next and it registered my device. Think restarting resets and fixed the issue.

    Prior restarting as well, I updated all browsers to latest and greatest. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anant Haryan 5 Reputation points
    2025-10-16T12:44:29.46+00:00

    Same issue

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
  4. Tim Perret 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-17T14:44:31.45+00:00

    I am having the same issue as most. Says i need to fix my account but there is nothing in there.

    Please help>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David Witteried 5 Reputation points
    2025-10-18T03:04:19.04+00:00

    I got my computer to finally registered. I switched from my Microsoft Account to a Local Account, restarted the computer, logged in with the local account, changed back to the Microsoft Account, restarted again, then ran Windows Update and it worked fine!

    Was this answer helpful?