how to fix windows 11 registry files

David Liles 20 Reputation points
2025-09-08T19:07:14.4766667+00:00

Norton 360 says I have broken registry entries. I there a way to fix these without buying Norton utilities?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 271K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-09-08T19:44:02.55+00:00

Hello

Is your computer displaying any symptoms at all?

If not, chances are, you don’t need to buy Norton Utilities to “fix” registry issues in Windows 11. Often times you don’t need to touch the registry at all. Norton 360 (and other security tools) tend to flag “broken” or “invalid” registry entries, but most of them are just leftover entries from uninstalled programs. They rarely cause actual problems. In fact, I recommend staying away from any third party tools that claim to clean your registry and repair it. They often times cause more issues than fixing.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.