Conditional Access policy cannot be changed with errors.

Admin 0 Reputation points
2025-09-02T07:04:36.4233333+00:00

Hello,
I add a new user except administrator, and try to login with it but the error shows up.

You cannot access this right now, Error Code: 53003

According to Sign-in logs, this is dues to Confitional Access policy blocking. I don't recall such policies I didn't create.
User's image

Login is blocked at Security info registration~ policy, and I'm trying to remove or disable it, but the error shows up.

The server could not process the request because it is malformed or incorrect. 1189: You cannot change the properties of this policy. Reach out to your Microsoft contact for further help.

By the way, another division's Entra ID refers there is only a policy(Multifactor authentication for Microsoft partners and vendors) in Confitional Access policy. This is mysterious as well.

Regards,

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.