Intel - Extension - 2.1.10103.24

Mark Sklenarik 60 Reputation points
2025-08-24T23:05:50.29+00:00

Windows 11 pro 24h2 update has installed Intel - Extension - 2.1.10103.24 multiple times over the pass two weeks, each time it stated that it was successfully installed. Why is repeating request to install multiple time? This as been occurring since August 24, Windows update package

Quality Updates:

2025-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5063878) (26100.4946)

Successfully installed on ‎8/‎13/‎2025

Driver Update:

Intel - Extension - 2.1.10103.24

Successfully installed on ‎8/‎24/‎2025

Any suggested on how to troubleshoot this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

6 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Majd Alshasha 0 Reputation points
    2026-06-05T09:29:41.81+00:00

    Problem resolved by performing repair from Settings -> System -> Recovery -> Fix problems using Windows Update and click on Reinstall now.

    After reinstalling Windows using Windows Update process complete, check for updates and the driver may show up again just install it and other updates and restart the machine.

    This how I resolved the problem.

    Hope this works for you too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Giannis Papatheodorou 15 Reputation points
    2025-11-11T10:51:52.0033333+00:00

    I have the same issue with the update Intel - Extension - 2.1.10103.24

    I've tried multiple big fixes, none of them worked. Ive seen that in other threads like these people recommend wushowhide.diagcab as a "fix" to hide the update. The issue with that is that the tool doesnt see the update. Also this isnt really a fix ...

    I choose to pause updates for a week and then resume updates to check for updates again. For some reason now the Intel - Extension - 2.1.10103.24 shows Completed now. Hope it stays that way.

    User's imageUser's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.

  3. Mateusz Brząkała 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-06T09:01:06.4+00:00

    I’m experiencing the same issue. Here’s my system configuration:

    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

    OS Version: 10.0.26200 N/A Build 26200

    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

    System Model: Precision 3591

    System Type: x64-based PC

    Processor(s): 1 Processor Installed [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 170 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~1400 MHz BIOS Version: Dell Inc. 1.18.1, 12.09.2025

    The Intel - Extension - 2.1.10103.24 update gets downloaded and installed automatically. A reboot prompt appears right after installation. For now, I’ve paused Windows Updates for a week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  4. Mark Sklenarik 60 Reputation points
    2025-11-05T05:03:02.8666667+00:00

    After I ran the Lenovo drivers software update software to get all Lenovo recommended driver updates and then the next monthly windows 11 security and other updates. I am no longer experiencing the problem. Those two actions seem to have corrected the issue..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  5. dcgtechnologies 10 Reputation points
    2025-11-04T19:58:08.58+00:00

    I do not mean to hijack this thread, but how is it possible to use the show / hide tool when it finds no updates to hide as you have to run Windows Update to get the update to show up then it just automatically installs anyway. So you have to reboot to just get the tool to work, but it will not work as the update does not show up in Windows update until you go out and check again online. So your above post is false and when in the heck is MS going to fix this? This is a huge BUG and well a pain to deal with. I am running Widows 11 25H2 and it just keeps showing up everytime I run Windows Update. Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.