How to change login email

Anonymous
2025-08-19T22:40:46.5933333+00:00

Years ago, I joined the now-disappeared Skype with a Gmail.com address. Skype is gone, and so is that email. I need to change my login password from ******@gmail.com

to

******@proton.me

To change that, on changing the email in account settings, it will not accept that email address, yet it accepts it for this help place to send messages to me when someone may answer my question here

Is it possible, or am I doomed to creating a new Teams account with the email

******@proton.me, or is this email not recognized because it is more secure than any other email out there?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-08-19T23:17:58.2133333+00:00

Hi,

May I ask what error you received while adding your email address to the account?
Did you sign up for a new Microsoft account using the email address? If so, you cannot add an email address that was already connected or linked to a Microsoft account.

I look forward to your response.

Stay Safe!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-08-20T01:02:59.3533333+00:00

    Hi, thanks for the reply. No, I had an account using Gmail, but I do not have that account anymore, so I went into settings and tried to remove Gmail and add a proton.me account, said could only have this or that, so I guess the .me is what it didn't like instead of a .com

    I cannot remember now if I tried to do a brand new account, but I don't think so, because if it won't let me change from a Gmail.com to a proton.me, then why would it let me open a new account?

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.