How To Delete Unwanted Languages/Keyboards in the Taskbar?

Chris_N 120 Reputation points
2025-08-18T20:19:48.7466667+00:00

After a recent Windows Update 2 new language options appear in the taskbar. They were added without my permission. How can I remove them? I dont need them.

The problem is that in Language settings only the correct languages that I want appear. The two extra languages do not appear there. So I can't delete them from there.

The language options I want:

English US 319 Latin Keyboard (Hex code 00020409)

Greek 319 Keyboard (Hex code 00020408)

In the Taskbar I can see these 4 languages

English US 319 Latin Keyboard

English US US Keyboard - Don't want

Greek 319 Keyboard

Greek Keyboard - Don't want

I have tried deleting unwanted keyboards from the registry and rebooting but they keep coming back in the taskbar. Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

Language Settings

Taskbar

Preload

Substitutes

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Estrella721 46,650 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-08-18T20:58:07.4566667+00:00

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I’m happy to help.

Please try these methods to see if they help:

Press Windows + R, type Control and hit Ok.

Click Clock and Region > Select Region > Administrative tab

Click change system locale.

Select Change System Locale in the "Language for non-Unicode programs" section.

Choose the same language as the system language from the drop-down list.

Next, press Windows + R, type Control and hit Ok.

Click Clock and Region > Select Region > Administrative tab

On the Administrative tab click the copy settings button

Check 'Welcome screen and system accounts' and New user accounts

Hit OK then restart your computer.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chris_N 120 Reputation points
    2025-08-19T09:38:50.3633333+00:00

    Thank you very much. This has solved the problem.

    Kind regards

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.