10 Email Account Limit in Outlook

April Gallagher 0 Reputation points
2025-08-17T23:38:14.78+00:00

Disclaimer: Please excuse me if I'm not using the correct terminology lol

I am an Executive Assistant for 7 different business owners. I need to monitor over 10+ email addresses. There appears to be a limit of 10 email addresses I can have in my Outlook app (on my laptop). Can I override this? Do I need a business account? Do I need to have 2 separate accounts (you know how they ask who you want to sign into your laptop as when you first turn on your laptop)?

April

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-08-18T00:51:59.9033333+00:00

    Hi,

    My name is Igor, it's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll try to help you. I am merely a fellow user trying to provide insight and information that may be helpful to others.

    Unfortunately, Outlook new ha a hard coded 10 accounts limit.

    If you need more accounts, you may use classic Outlook from Office 2024 pack or Microsoft 365 subscription note, not every edition contains Outlook. Classic Outlook has the same 10 account limitation by default, but this value may be increased up to 9999 by registry editing.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Exchange

    DWORD: MaxNumExchange

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

  2. Alice-N 13,390 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2025-08-18T04:08:30.84+00:00

    Dear April Gallagher ,  

    Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Q&A Community. I understand you're experiencing an issue with the 10-account limit in the New Outlook for Windows, and I am happy to assist you with that.  

    Here is a clear approach, please kindly follow these steps to resolve your problem   

    Step 1: Understand the 10-Account Limit in New Outlook  

    The New Outlook for Windows currently enforces a hard limit of 10 email accounts per profile. This applies to all account types—Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, and IMAP. This limitation is part of the design of the New Outlook interface and is not configurable through standard settings. Microsoft has acknowledged this limit, and as of now, there is no built-in override available for consumer or business users in the New Outlook.  

    Step 2: Consider Using Classic Outlook (Microsoft 365 Desktop App)  

    If you need to manage more than 10 accounts, switching to the Classic Outlook desktop app (available with Microsoft 365 subscriptions) may be a better fit. Classic Outlook supports significantly more accounts—up to 9999 Exchange accounts—when configured properly.  

    To use Classic Outlook:  

    • Ensure you have a Microsoft 365 subscription that includes Outlook desktop (e.g., Microsoft 365 Business Standard or Microsoft 365 Apps for Business)  

    Download and install Office from Microsoft 365  

    Open Outlook and add your accounts via File > Account Settings > Account Settings > Email tab > New  

    Step 3: Use Separate Windows Profiles (Optional Workaround)  

    If switching to Classic Outlook isn’t feasible, you can create multiple Windows user profiles to manage different sets of accounts:  

    Go to Settings > Accounts > Family & other users  

    Click Add someone else to this PC  

    Create a new local or Microsoft account  

    Sign into Windows with this new profile and configure Outlook with a different set of email accounts  

    This allows you to bypass the 10-account limit by separating them across profiles, though it requires switching users to access each set.  

    Step 4: Stay Updated on Outlook Feature Changes  

    You can follow updates and feature requests on the Microsoft Outlook Feedback Portal to track any changes to account limits.  

    I hope these steps help you resolve the problem. If you require additional guidance, feel free to reply to this thread and I’ll be happy to assist you. If you found the answer helpful, we’d really appreciate it if you could click "Accept Answer" and kindly give it an upvote. Your feedback helps others in the community too!  

    Warm Regards,   

    Alice   

    Microsoft Q&A Support Specialist 

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Alice-N 13,390 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2025-08-30T03:15:28.7966667+00:00

    Good day! I hope you're doing well!  

    It has been a while and I am writing to see how things are going with your issue. Have you had a chance to check the reply provided? Are you encountering any difficulties following the steps ? Please feel free to let me know if there’s anything I can assist you with. 

    Warm Regards

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.