Did not ask for Focus, why do I have to have it on my computer, how can I get this off completely, forever?

Sharon Sylvia 0 Reputation points
2025-08-14T19:59:41.2666667+00:00

Ever since Focus I can no longer have my message sent to my sidebar, my notifications go off automatically and I had a reaction that came up on my phone that still has not been recognized by my computer and that was 2 hours ago, and not only that because of that it is not even showing up on the app site on my comp. but is there on my phone, I am glad I did not have an important last minute message sent by somebody, geeezzz, who knows if I will even get it. I am ready to go Mac, and/or Lennox all the way with all this disruptive intrusion. It is out of control, first with Teams, then focus. Yeah, time to focus on other options' besides windows, where less is more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AceRobertT 14,460 Reputation points
    2025-08-14T20:52:04.7566667+00:00

    Hello Sharon. With the "Focus" feature introduced via the August 2025 KB5063878, Windows 11 was reinforced as a platform to relieve users from distractions and manage notifications as well as integrate with Outlook and Teams. Unfortunately, the new Focus feature is available within Windows 11 and many users, like you, have found this feature to be restrictive and intrusive, especially when the feature interferes with: sidebar messaging, notification syncing, and limiting viewable apps on your devices. Unfortunately, Focus is now entrenched into Windows 11 productivity offerings and you cannot uninstall the feature. However, you can remove most of the features of Focus by going to and navigating in the settings to Settings > System > Focus, and turning-off all automation about Focus, including focusing-assist and notifications during focus. Also check your notifications settings under Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb, and if you have activated scheduled time for Do Not Disturb, deactivate the scheduled time as well. This will not "uninstall" Focus, but it will suppress Focus from activating and possibly encumbering your work.

    Microsoft has not allowed for the removal of the Focus feature, but you can use the Microsoft Feedback Portal to leave feedback for Microsoft's consideration to remove it or give more control to the user in the future.

    Best regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.