Have microsoft changed the behaviour of the "See your recent activity" page of your microsoft account to only show successful attempts?

Ryan Higgins 5 Reputation points
2025-08-06T08:16:22.8733333+00:00

Hello

In the past when I have checked this page it would show me all successful and unsuccessful attempts at logging into my account.

Today, I got an authenticator notice to approve a log-in attempt I did not initalise myself (turned out it probably was my son trying to get into Minecraft). I denied it, but wanted to check the log for more information.

When I logged in it only showed one successful attempt and no failed attempts; it showed no denied attempts, which I know do exist because I denied one.

Have microsoft changed the behaviour of this page to only show successful attempts?

I can imagine someone deciding this is a good idea to stop people unneccessarily panicing, but being able to see all the information is useful. It would, for example, allow me to confirm that it was my son trying to sign in earilier by providing me with the ip address of the attempt.

Regards,

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-08-06T08:59:30.4733333+00:00

    Hi, I'm John! I will help you with this.

    You're not alone, I actually noticed the same thing on my account too. I’ve attached a screenshot of mine for reference. It used to show a long list of attempts (both successful and failed), but now it only shows the most recent one, just like yours.

    1000007487

    It does feel a bit odd, especially if you're used to reviewing the activity regularly. This might be due to a recent backend change, but I agree, it would be helpful if they clarified this better for users.

    Also, if you've already secured your account with strong security measures like 2FA and Microsoft Authenticator, there's a good chance that any previous attackers may have given up or shifted their focus elsewhere.

    For more, please check "How to help keep your Microsoft account secure" https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/how-to-help-keep-your-microsoft-account-secure-628538c2-7006-33bb-5ef4-c917657362b9

    Still, it’s a good habit to review your security info regularly.

    I really hope this information is helpful!

    Click "Add comment" to let me know.

    Regards,

    John J.D.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.