Phone Link can't copy from Android and paste to Windows

njel256 95 Reputation points
2025-07-25T11:30:42.18+00:00

Suddenly I can't copy stuff from my Android phone and pasting it on Windows, but the reverse is still working. I've reinstalled the apps from both devices and nothing changed, it's like Link to Windows can't access the clipboard (but I see 'copied to Link to Windows Service' notification). Checked all the settings and I followed the instruction, but still failed.

The only changes I have is your regular update from Windows, nothing else. I'm using Windows 11.

Is there anyone else who have the same problem?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC

9 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Samuel Habtemariam 0 Reputation points
    2026-02-20T12:11:18.03+00:00

    I once solved this problem by disconnecting the devices and reconnecting them. I also tried turning these specific settings off and back on. It is done from Windows settings in the Bluetooth and devices section. Unfortunately now it happened again only this time i wont be able to link or paste in both devices.

    This is likely a bug that cannot be permanently resolved without appropriate action from Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Flickerdart 30 Reputation points
    2025-12-05T16:29:10.32+00:00

    I had the same problem (can paste from Win 11 to Android but not vice-versa), which I've been able to fix by reinstalling everything:

    On Windows:

    • From the Start menu, search for Mobile Device Settings
    • Make sure "allow this PC to access your mobile devices" and "Phone Link" toggles are on
    • Click "Manage Devices", find your phone, and at the bottom of the toggles click Remove Device

    On Android:

    • Open Link to Windows in the Play Store
    • Hit the Uninstall button
    • After it uninstalls, the Uninstall button will be replaced with the Update button (not sure why that doesn't show up before). Tap that and it will reinstall the newest version of Link to Windows.
    • Open the reinstalled app and choose to login with QR code

    On Windows:

    • Generate a QR code in Phone Link (if, like me, you can't find where to do this, go to aka.ms/linkphoneqr in your browser, which will open Phone Link and generate a QR code). Scan this with your phone to complete setup.
    • Go back into Phone Link, go over to Settings, and re-enable Cross-device copy and paste

    After following these steps, the cross-device clipboard works properly again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.

  3. Tomasz Sadowski 10 Reputation points
    2025-11-23T04:24:25.21+00:00

    ... have the same issue with Phone Link 1.25102.64.0, any workaround or solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Rebecca Cronin 0 Reputation points
    2025-08-08T19:42:01.57+00:00

    I still have the same problem on 8/8/2025. It was working recently. Not today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. moon moon 0 Reputation points
    2025-08-07T15:36:21.6433333+00:00

    I’m experiencing the exact same issue today (8/7), even though everything was working fine yesterday (8/6).

    There haven’t been any recent Windows updates, except for the following:

    8/7: Microsoft Defender Antivirus (KB4052623), version 4.18.25070.5

    8/6: Microsoft Defender Antivirus (KB2267602), version 1.433.308.0

    My Phone Link app version is 1.25071.54.0.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.