how to fix 0x803f8001 and 0x803f9006 pc game pass

Greg Palka 20 Reputation points
2025-07-25T07:42:43.8866667+00:00

Cant run games from pc game pass ultimate (subsrypion is active) for last couple days; i'm getting errors 0x803f8001 and 0x803f9006. none of the solutions foud wont help

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Answer accepted by question author
SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-07-25T08:20:06.1333333+00:00

Hi Greg,

I'm Sumit, here to help with your query on the Microsoft Q&A forums.

Apologies for any inconvenience you are experiencing. I am happy to help you today.

Could you please let me know if you have enabled Offline Permissions?

Please check using the following:

  1. Open Microsoft Store.
  2. Click Profile > Settings.
  3. Ensure Offline Permissions are enabled.

User's image

I look forward to your response and am eager to collaborate until we find a solution.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lee W. Mychajluk 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-03T00:06:40.2+00:00

    Same Error when launching game. Paid GamePass PC subscription. Can install the game, Xbox app says 'Included w/ GamePass', but can't run it because it tells me I need to log in w/ the account that bought the game. I've only ever had the one MS Account for the last 20 years. and it shows the GamePass subscription on my Account page.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.