Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook.com
I just had this happen to me over the weekend. The hackers were able to forward my emails without me knowing and gain access to some of my online accounts when I tried to reset passwords for them. Also, they were using my email account to send massive spam emails which eventually limited me from sending any email. There was also a list set up in the Groups folder which included my email and a list of 49 other emails called Buford Beer. I have no idea what that was for. Once I removed my email from the Group, it went away. First, log out of all devices. Reset password. Set up 2 factor authentication. I discovered on Monday that there was a Rule set in my email settings that forwarded all my emails to two hacker's emails. I was able to disable and delete the rule. Also, I set up an "alias" email address to hide my hotmail address from the hackers. I've been monitoring my Sign In activity to ensure there haven't been any other sign ins that I don't recognize. The hackers managed to gather lots of info from my email, though including my driver's license which they used to submit as ID to Facebook. It was actually accepted, BUT the hackers weren't able to get the recovery codes since I had already deleted the forwarding rule. My info is out there which is scary. I hope all this helps someone. Be careful.