OneNote Search Results not pinning

Krajewski, Todd 10 Reputation points
2025-07-23T17:46:04.84+00:00

When attempting to click the "pin search results (Alt-O)" or by pressing ALT-O, the pinning action does not work.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For business | Windows

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

6 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. T Tabor 15 Reputation points
    2026-02-27T19:31:01.2466667+00:00

    I found a workaround. (Clearing the cache didnt work for me.)
    But what has worked for me is when the "Pin search Results" Stops working, I go to View>Tabs Layout, then I change the layout to "Vertical Tabs" and then click "New Docked Window"
    I close the New Docked Window that appears. Change the Tabs Layout back to "Horizontal Tabs", and then try "Pin Search Results" again, and it works. ((Might not need to change the "Tabs Layout." I suspect the "New Docked Window" might be all that is needed to get it working again but I didnt test that.

    For me, it seems to stay fixed for several months and then somehow stops working.
    Anyway, I hope it helps.

    OneNote_PinSearchFix

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.