Why does word for iPad suddenly keep scrolling back to the cursor?

Anonymous
2025-04-27T12:30:47+00:00

When I am trying to read if I don’t keep moving the cursor, after a few seconds it scrolls back to it automagically. This just started and it is INSANELY annoying. Where can I turn this “helpful feature” off?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T15:04:39+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-01T19:49:46+00:00

    I found a crude workaround. Placing the cursor at the end of a sentence or paragraph before scrolling prevents the rollback. My educated guess is that the Word App loses reference to the cursor location when it is in the middle of a word, space, or sentence (ie: not at a CR/LF). Microsoft: Get this fixed, please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments