View on new documents has changed and the top margin is now hidden

Anonymous
2025-05-19T19:21:06+00:00

I have Microsoft 360, paid version. The latest update installed Co-Pilot (which I did not want) into my Word documents (I think I figured out how to remove it), but eliminated the layout with margins that I need. When you open a new document and start typing, what you type shows at the very top of the document, with no margins. You have to go into print view to see what it really looks like. This is a step backward for someone who uses Word for professional documents. How can I change it back to look normal again?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
HansV 462.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2025-05-19T19:42:54+00:00

Move the mouse pointer to the top of the page. It should change to this:

As the tooltip suggests, double-click to show the white space at the top (and bottom) of the page.

Alternatively, select File > Options > Display, and select the check box 'Show white space between pages in Page Layout view', and click OK.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T19:58:49+00:00

    Thank you! It worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments