High-Level Portfolio Management or Tracker a possibility?

Anonymous
2025-07-14T16:40:24+00:00

Good day everyone,

I'm looking for guidance on managing and visualizing dependencies across multiple projects and portfolios.

  1. Is it possible to manage and track a portfolio at a high level, similar to how Microsoft Project for the Web or Planner Premium allows users to manage individual projects?
  2. Just as task dependencies can be identified within a single project, is there a way to visually connect and track dependencies between different portfolios, projects, or tasks across a broader program?

I see that we can have a high-level view, but I do not see the option where I can identify dependencies between one project to another.

Any insights or best practices for achieving this—whether through native features, integrations, or workarounds—would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey Barrero

Microsoft 365 and Office | Project | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Dale Howard [MVP] 29,880 Reputation points MVP
2025-07-14T17:40:09+00:00

Jeffrey DE --

I regret to tell you that Project for the Web (aka Planner Premium) will not meet your needs for setting cross-project dependencies. You will need to use Microsoft Project Professional with either Project Online or Project Server for this purpose. Sorry, but hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T12:09:07+00:00

    Good day Dale

    I appreciate your response, and I will request the correct subscription.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments