Issues With Microsoft PowerPoint

Anonymous
2025-06-08T14:14:08+00:00

I have Microsoft Office 2021. I opened PowerPoint and was told that PowerPoint ran into a problem and could not operate correctly. I was asked if I wanted to repair the error, and I said yes. However it does not repair itself. I had a one time license for PowerPoint so I can not reload. Any suggestions?

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 937.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-06-08T15:47:36+00:00

The best first option would be to perform a full repair of your Office installation to see if that resolves the problem with PowerPoint.

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Apps, then scroll down to find Microsoft Office

Select that and choose Modify - Online Repair.

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John Korchok 236.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-06-08T15:05:23+00:00

Try running an Office Repair. The Online Repair option is more thorough.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T17:40:21+00:00

    Hi John

    I just used the regular repair feature. It took a while to do, but it worked.

    Thanks.

    Fred

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T15:44:37+00:00

    Hi Dave

    Yes I do see the Office 2021 purchase, and there is a link that says to install. Would I install again?

    Thanks.

    Fred

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 937.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-06-08T14:45:55+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    You indicate you have a one-time payment licence for Office, log into your Microsoft account on this link, do you find your Office 2021 licence listed there?

    https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments