Issue with spacebar not adding a space in Excele

Anonymous
2025-04-28T16:18:27+00:00

Hi,

I'm having an issue in Microsoft Excel where I'm unable to add a space. When I press spacebar, it doesn't add a space. However, when I press alt + Spacebar It adds a space.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-04-28T16:57:21+00:00

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Select the Apple menu at the top

Go to System Preferences - Accessibility - Keyboard - Navigation.

Disable the 'Full Keyboard Access' setting to see if that resolves the problem

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T17:53:21+00:00

    Hi Dave,

    Thanks for your input. It looks like it worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T17:53:42+00:00

    Glad to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments