Many of my Office features aren't working

Anonymous
2025-03-23T12:22:16+00:00

I have been having trouble using many of the features on my MacBook Air (2020, 15.3.2). I click on the features but nothing happens. I haven't tried all of them, but for instance:

  • print
  • margins
  • size

Another issue is that I can't save a file as a PDF. I get a message saying that the document can't be autosaved.

All the latest updates have been installed.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John Korchok 236.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-03-23T16:24:18+00:00

Please use System Settings>Users & Groups to create a new user account. Then sign in to that account and see if Word works correctly. If it does, there is a problem with the Office installation in your normal account.

If the problems continue, please uninstall following these steps: Uninstall Office for Mac Then reinstall Office from the Subscriptions page of your Microsoft account.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Korchok 236.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-24T14:42:55+00:00

    Sorry, it's very hard to diagnose what might have gone wrong, as there are many Microsoft support files and no documentation about how they all work.

    If you would prefer to keep your original account, please follow the steps I posted about uninstalling and reinstalling. That should fix the issue without you having to move your files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.9K Reputation points
    2025-03-23T19:49:47+00:00

    Have you restarted the Mac recently?

    You haven't indicated your present Version Number of Mac Office. This type of issue often is due to a need for updates so verify that your installation is at 16.95.1 (25031528).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T16:59:02+00:00

    I tried to uninstall and reinstall but the same thing happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T12:05:25+00:00

    Yes, using another account worked. Any ideas about what the problem with the installation might be? I'd rather not use another account every time...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments