PowerPoint won't save!

Anonymous
2025-02-10T15:36:46+00:00

I have bought and used MS Office 2021 version on my Macbook.

"The file cannot be saved right now because the file is loaded by another user at the moment. You can wait a few moments and try the save again, or you can cancel this save and resave using a different file name."

This is the message that I have been getting even though there are no other users than myself. The only option is to save with a different file name, but this is very annoying, and I don't want to do this. It should be able to just save without having to go through this hurdle of saving it with a different name!

I have tried to repair the storage device with the disk utility and reinstalled MS Office, but neither of these has helped solve this problem.

Could someone help me figure out the problem and how to fix it so I can save my file as I had before?

For information, I have been trying to save my PowerPoint slides on my Desktop.

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John Korchok 236.4K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-02-10T16:27:37+00:00

Try creating a new user account in System Settings>Users & Groups. Then sign into that and see if you still have the same problem in PowerPoint. If not, there is an issue with the Office files stored in your regular user profile.

Here's how to uninstall Office for Mac. These steps need to be followed before reinstalling, or a reinstall doesn't fix anything.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T15:02:30+00:00

    So I tried following the suggested steps. I created a new user and it showed me that under this new user I was able to save PowerPoint.

    Hence, I went back to uninstall Microsoft Office as instructed.

    The problem now is when I try to reinstall, it is telling me "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." Nobody from Microsoft is picking up the phone and the calls are dropped.

    I have a deadline to meet and I am freaking out because now I can't even access Microsoft Office/PowerPoint.

    Please help I am desperate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments