I can't copy and paste from Word to PPT after the recent update.

Anonymous
2024-12-10T18:01:13+00:00

I tried many Word and PPT files and it doesn't work. I am using Windows 11, version 24H2, updated on 12/10/2024.

I am writing reports in PPT and taking some verbatims from Word and this issue significantly interrupts my work. I would appreciate any suggestion. Thank you! Z.

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

5 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T20:13:46+00:00

    Sure!

    But it's very annoying not being able to copy and paste from Word to PPT. It wasn't like this before.

    Esra Zeynep

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-01T14:36:49+00:00

    Is there any solution. Lots of people have this Problem with Office 2016 - Office 365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T18:40:16+00:00

    This is crazy that we have to cut and paste into Excel before putting into PPT - but it works!! Thank you for this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T15:23:54+00:00

    Hi Hannah, Thank you for your quick response! You can find the screenshot I face when I try to copy and paste from a Word document to PPT and the screenshot I took from Word.

    I answered the other questions below:

    • Have you tried rolling back an older version to test if it's an incompatibility caused by an update? NO
    • Recent Changes: Have you recently made any changes to your system or Excel settings, such as updates or installing new software? NO - THERE WAS ANOTHER UPDATE TODAY, I RAN IT BUT THE ISSUE CONTINUES.
    • File Specific: Is this issue happening with all Excel files or just specific ones? If it’s file-specific, did you receive these files from another source? ONLY WORD. WHEN I COPY AND PASTE FROM WORD TO EXCEL, THEN FROM EXCEL TO PPT, IT WORKS. Kind Regards,Zeynep

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T10:50:19+00:00

    Hello, Esra Zeynep Kırımlı.

    Welcome to Microsoft community.

    I understand that you can't copy and paste from Word to PPT after the recent update.  Please don't worry, I will do everything I can to help you.     

    I would like to confirm more specific information with you so that I can more accurately determine the problem you are encountering and better assist you:

    • Are you experiencing any specific prompts or error codes ? You can share a screenshot of it with me so I can get a more visual idea of what you're currently experiencing.
    • Check the products under your account: You can do the following:  Open Word > "File" in the top left corner > "Account" in the bottom left corner> share the screenshot of the product information displayed on the right with me  so that I can help you more specifically You can share the screenshot displayed with me  so that I can help you more specifically
    • Have you tried rolling back an older version to test if it's an incompatibility caused by an update?
    • Recent Changes: Have you recently made any changes to your system or Excel settings, such as updates or installing new software?
    • File Specific: Is this issue happening with all Excel files or just specific ones? If it’s file-specific, did you receive these files from another source?

    Once I have obtained more information about the above, I will be able to provide you with more targeted assistance.

    Best Regards,

    Hannah.Z- MSFT |Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments