Play a video and click to move to next slide is not working

Anonymous
2025-01-06T23:06:11+00:00

I have a video that I want to play in Powerpoint and then be able to move to the next slide with a click. BUT every time I view in slideshow mode and the video ends and I click- it just starts the video again. What is the correct set up for this? Very frustrating!

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T04:16:05+00:00

    Dear Chandasz1,

    Thank you for your follow-up and for explaining your scenario in detail. I understand how important it is to have a smooth and professional presentation experience, especially when working with full-slide videos and a remote clicker.

    Currently, the behavior you’ve described is a product design in PowerPoint. Unfortunately, there isn’t a direct method to change how clicks behave with full-slide videos. Personally, I completely agree with you that it would be much more convenient if the behavior can be changes or an option can be added. We acknowledge the limitations this presents, especially in your situation.

    Your scenario highlights a great opportunity for improvement. We truly value your feedback, as it helps Microsoft improve its products to meet user needs better. I encourage you to share your suggestions on the Microsoft Feedback Portal. This is a dedicated platform where customers can propose ideas and enhancements directly to the product team. Let's expect this function in the future.

    If there’s anything else I can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

    Best regards,
    Community Moderator | Sophia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T15:20:55+00:00

    So this is a problem when your video is the entire size of the slide... if I have to make it smaller it will look sloppy on a screen. Also- if someone is using a remote clicker this is also a problem. Do you have any advice on how to make that work.... Basically I have a slide that is a full slide-sized video. When the video is over- I need to be able to click to go to the next slide which also contains a video. This needs to work with a remote clicker

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T07:28:55+00:00

    Dear Chandasz1,

    Thank you for reaching out about your experience with video playback and slide navigation in PowerPoint. I understand how this behavior could seem unexpected, and I’d like to clarify.

    The behavior you described—where clicking on the video after it finishes restarts the video instead of advancing the slide—is the designed functionality in PowerPoint. It performs the same on our end as well. To move to the next slide after the video ends, you need to click anywhere outside the video area on the slide. Clicking directly on the video will restart playback.

    If you have further questions or need assistance with a different setup, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I’m here to help!

    Best regards,
    Community Moderator | Sophia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments