Dear Spencer John,
Thank you for your reply!
In order to be able to investigate your issue further, could you please provide a detailed screenshot of the error message here?
Based on the information you have provided so far, it appears that your issue is related to the Microsoft Office application itself. At this time I would recommend that you try performing an online fix for the Microsoft Office application to see if that resolves this issue
a. Please right-click on the bottom left corner ("Start" button, which is the Windows logo), and then select "Installed Applications" in the pop-up menu.
b. Select the Microsoft Office product you want to repair, click the ellipsis, and then select "Modify/Modify". (If modifying only Word and Excel doesn't work, please repair the whole Office.)
c. Depending on the type of Office installation (point-and-click or MSI-based), you will see Quick repair and Online repair. Please choose Online Repair.
For detailed instructions on online repair, please refer to the link: Repair an Office application - Microsoft Support
I understand that the above methods may be cumbersome for you. Although they may not solve your problem immediately, but they can help us get closer to the root cause of the problem and serve as a reference for whether we need to take the next step.
Therefore, I sincerely invite you to try the above methods and provide me with the results in the form of a reply, so that I can provide you with more appropriate help according to the actual situation.
Thank you for your understanding and patience and I look forward to hearing from you.Best RegardsEddy | Microsoft Community Support Specialist