Something went wrong. [7q6ca]

Anonymous
2024-09-19T04:19:07+00:00

when i try to log in to any microsoft product on my pc i get this.

Correlation Id: e570e123-9fba-490d-ab83-477e83ed37a1 Timestamp: 2024-09-19T04:17:42.000Z DPTI: ecda807399621841594d7a09e7310fd49eb348938e6ca0fcc051251a92eb070d Error Tag: 7q6ca Error Code: 2147483661

i then have to use task manager to close it since it just keeps popping back up.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

17 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T20:58:01+00:00

    hi eddy, i tried all 5(idk how to do 6th) and the only one that worked was using my cellular data as a hotspot. My error code is here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T09:52:06+00:00

    Hi! Spencer John,  

    Thank you for your reply! Please press Win+E to open Explorer, type in the address bar "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" then cut and paste the hosts file to the desktop, then restart your computer to see if the problem still exists.

    Best Regards      Eddy | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T14:10:01+00:00

    This did not fix the issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T07:02:28+00:00

    I also have the same problem. But all it said was "Something went Wrong" and then i was not able to log into my account anymore. I didn't get any kind of mail aswell and the support section was not helpful too. After a few days when I tried logging into that account, I was redirected to the signup page to create a new account. When I tried to make an account with the same mail, it worked but everything from the old account was lost and all the Xbox , minecraft achievements aswell. I am in desperate need of help right now and it was a big loss.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T00:13:11+00:00

    I resolved mine by running System repair.

    I noticed the error only happen on my desktop computer and not my laptop. After a troubleshoot session with Microsoft Tech Support they guided me to the right direction. I was planning to reinstall the whole thing, but before that I tried to do System repair and it resolved my issue. My computer is a Dell and I ran Dell SupportAssist > System Repair.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments