Unable to playback of MP4 files in PPTX

Anonymous
2024-11-12T05:54:03+00:00

Hello,

Until recently I was able to playback mp4 files within PPTX (Microsoft 360) but today these files will not playback. Also when I do a screen recording in PPT, this also does not playback. AVI files work OK in ppt and I am able tpo play the mp4 files in other video media players. They just do not work in PPT.

I am assuming that it is a codec issue but cannot figure out why this is happening today but was OK 1 week ago??

Please help!

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-11-13T23:04:25+00:00

thank you. None of those things worked. What did seem to work is a Reset BIOS to defaults (I have a HP Spectre x360 laptop).

I was working on another issue - i.e. no audio from laptop, while it hasn't fixed my audio, PPT MP4 files are now working!!

Now I just have to fix my laptop audio....

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

5 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T08:46:10+00:00

    Hi B Anderss,

    Thanks for posting back and sharing the feedback.

    I'm glad to know you have resolved the issue. To help other members who may have the same concern, I will mark your reply as an answer. Also, if you encounter any issues while using our products, please feel free to post in our community and we are happy to help.

    Wishing you a great day!

    Sincerely,

    George | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments