A family of Microsoft presentation graphics products that offer tools for creating presentations and adding graphic effects like multimedia objects and special effects with text.
Dear Scott S._792,
Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.
We are sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with opening PowerPoint presentations on your iPad. I deeply understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.
Recently, we have seen other Education customers mentioning the same error message when using the Office for iOS application in iOS 18. Also, we have tested it on our end and cannot reproduce the same error.
Kindly find below similar threads:
My Word documents won't open anymore. - Microsoft Community
Presentation app not working after iOS 18 update - Microsoft Community
Can’t open any word/PowerPoint documents on my IPad - Microsoft Community
Since you have tried reinstalling PowerPoint for iOS, but the problem persists. I think it may be that the latest Office for iOS apps have compatibility issues with iOS 18 caused by specific conditions, such as when your organization's administrators have deployed relevant policies. In this case, I suggest you send feedback to Microsoft and report the issue to your tenant admin (or IT team) for further troubleshooting.
- Send feedback in PowerPoint for iOS
In PowerPoint, click your profile picture in the top left> Help & Feedback> Tell Us What Can Be Better. You can provide your email address, describe the issue, and provide the screenshot of the error message via the feedback.
- Report the problem to the tenant administrator (or IT team)
They can help you check if there are any policies in the tenant (e.g. Conditional Access policies) that may be causing the problem
Additionally, I understand the inconvenience you are experiencing. As a temporary solution until the problem is fixed, I suggest that you view the file via the PowerPoint web version on your iPhone/iPad. You can open the browser, go to www.office.com, type PowerPoint in the top search bar, click on the PowerPoint icon, and then open the related online presentation in the browser.
Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.
Sincerely,
Ralph Chawatama | Microsoft Community Moderator