A Microsoft digital storytelling app for creating and sharing interactive reports and presentations.
Dear Tom,
Good day and thank you for posting this in the forum.
Regarding the question about Sways archiving after the user is deleted, I believe in these 30 days period, the IT admins of the Office 365 organization can transfer the Sway files from the left user account to active user account with the steps provided in this article: Reassign Sways from a deleted user account - Admin Help - Microsoft Support
As for your 2nd question, if the Sway is shared with an edit link, will this Sway then persist if the user account is deleted or archived, or will this then be removed along with the account? I sorry and apologize to inform that the links will be deleted too.
Please refer to the following link and similar thread:
Restore or permanently remove recently deleted user - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn
Reassign Sways from a deleted user account - Admin Help - Microsoft Support
Sway Queries - What happens when user account is removed and how can I - Microsoft Community
Appreciate your understanding and cooperation and your valuable time.