PowerPoint Changes When Opened on Different Computer

Anonymous
2024-06-13T13:27:30+00:00

My coworker created a PowerPoint, and when I open it, there appear to be substantial spacing issues. I have only been able to find "answers" in the forums that declare the issue HAS to be that the fonts used are not installed on both computers. Both my colleague and I have this particular font, so that answer does not fit this issue. What I am wondering is if there is an issue with the template or if PowerPoint is resetting the picture sizing/placement/layer on the slides causing the text box to reset. We are both using Microsoft 365 on Lenovo ThinkPads.

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer recommended by moderator
Anonymous
2024-06-14T17:06:04+00:00

Hi John,

Thank you for your follow up question. We were able to figure out that the issue was the pictures in the slides resizing and forcing the text box to shift. By imbedding the picture, we were able to resolve the issue.

I appreciate that you asked for additional information instead of responding with a condescending presumptive post the way Mr. Rindsberg did. It goes a long way in providing a positive experience for customers. You, John, should have the MVP title.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

7 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. John Korchok 236.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-06-14T16:53:02+00:00

    Please post screen shots of the same slides showing the correct appearance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-06-14T15:55:42+00:00

    I didn't try to call you stupid. Remember, we can't tell by reading your message how much or little powerpoint experience you have, or what corporate policies you're working under.

    I *can*, however, tell from your response that you're not willing to accept suggestions in the spirit in which they're offered, so I'll be more than happy to forego any further attempts at helping.

    Over.

    Out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. John Korchok 236.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-06-13T15:57:26+00:00

    Please post screen shots of the same slides showing the correct appearance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments