PowerPoint app on IPad unable to open pptx file

Anonymous
2024-01-23T01:27:32+00:00

Hi, I am looking for any help at all with this.

The PowerPoint that wont open is very important as it is for a hand in at uni, I am already late for hand in because the file is refusing to open.

I have tried copying the file, i have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have restarted my ipad and nothing is working.

I have been in absolute tears over this as it is my last year of uni and all of this work is very important and was only on this file.

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T20:48:50+00:00

    Hello Jazz,

    Thank you for posting here in Microsoft Community.

    I understand how important this is for you as it's for your school. Basing on your description you are unable to open the file on PowerPoint. Possible reason for this is that the file might be possibly corrupted. For now, I'd be more than glad to assist you on this but to set your expectations that we have limited troubleshooting for specific files as it's engendered by uncontrollable factors.

    For me to be able to provide you the best resolution or action plan for your concern, I'd like to ask few questions:

    • Does this issue occur also on other PowerPoint presentation specially the newly created one?
    • Do you receive any error message when try to open the PowerPoint presentation?
    • Was this files shared to you or are you the one who created this file?

    Here are troubleshooting steps I can suggest:

    1. Open the file on another device, check if the same issue persists. If it does the same issue, most likely it's a file specific concern and not mainly the application.
    2. Upload the file to OneDrive.com (Upload and save files and folders to OneDrive - Microsoft Support) then open it on https://office.com, and see if the same issue persists. If you are able to open it, you may download from OneDrive.

    I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you need further assistance, providing those additional information will also help us isolate the issue.

    Regards,

    Arquel C.

    Microsoft Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T04:04:37+00:00

    Hello Jazz,

    Thank you for that additional information, basing on the description you have posted, seems like it's specifically to this file and to set your expectations that we have limited troubleshooting steps which you have already performed for this type of scenarios. I highly suggest recreating the PowerPoint presentation.

    Regards,

    Arquel C.

    Microsoft Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T15:00:09+00:00

    This issue only occurs with this powerpoint. I have been working on this file since august of 2023 and it just crashed Monday night.

    An error message I receive is that a box pops up, saying that there was an issue trying to open the file and when I click repair, it does not work.

    No, this file was not shared to me, I created it.

    I've attempted to open the file on an iPad, MacBook and a windows laptop, none have been able to open the file; both online and within the powerpoint application (also tried keynote on apple).

    File still won't open using one drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments