"Error Code: 0x803d0005". How do I get OneNote reestablished, synced, and connected?

Anonymous
2022-11-16T15:45:13+00:00

I am on a Cloud Desktop and attempting to use OneNote. When I logged in and opened OneNote, I had a prompted message stating "To sync this notebook, sign in to One Note". After entering my email from the popup window, it disappears, then reappears as if it did not register my entry. Currently my OneNote will not sync and the internal links that I create are not accessible. Additionally, when I got to File > Share, I have an error message that the server could not be complete. "Error Code: 0x803d0005". How do I get OneNote reestablished and connected?

  • I currently have Windows 10 Version 21H2 installed on the Cloud Desktop
  • Attempted to close and reopen OneNote. Attempted to reestablish connection with Cloud Desktop

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-11-16T15:55:20+00:00

Looks like reestablishing connection for a second time to my cloud desktop did the trick. Seems to be resolved for now.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-16T17:29:04+00:00

    Hi Andrew,

    Greetings! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

    Glad to hear that re-establishing the connection for the second time solved your issue. We appreciate your effort and time for getting back to us to share with us your progress. I am sure this will help other community members experiencing the same issue.

    Issue Description

    ===============================

    OneNote sync issues such as: Error Code: 0x803d0005 when trying to sync OneNote on Windows on a cloud Desktop.

    Solution

    ===============================

    Try to Re-establish the connection with Cloud Desktop at least more than twice.

    In case you have any other questions in future, please feel free to post a new question in Microsoft Community. We will always do our best to help you.

    Once again, thanks for your cooperation. Good luck and stay healthy always. Sincerely,Edwine | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments