Problem of resizing images on Microsoft Word for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-09T23:41:25+00:00

When I drag the corner of the images on Microsoft Word to enlarge or reduce the size of them, Word does not function properly and the image just glitches - it turns upside down, becomes super large in an instant when I drag it inwards to reduce its size, etc. This is so frustrating! I have never encountered this problem before until I started to use it on a Macbook instead of a Windows laptop/desktop.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For education | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-07-09T17:48:22+00:00

Same issue. ver. 16.62 MS Office for Mac. No dynamic visuals while dragging image/object handles, inserting simple shape objects would start out HUGE (96 inches), re-sizing existing images by click-dragging handles jumped the size up as well. No dynamic visual when moving objects/images. Quitting Grammarly Desktop solved the issue.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

25 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2022-02-10T01:58:14+00:00

    Use the Size Controls in the Size section of the Picture Format tab of the ribbon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments