Additional permissions are required to access the following files (Word for Mac)

Anonymous
2020-10-27T10:09:29+00:00

I'm on Mac. I have an MS Word file with links to other external doc files. When I try to open them, I get the "Additional permissions are required to access the following files" dialog box. After I go through all the steps, I can open the file. If I open the file "directly" i.e. from finder or Word I'm not getting this permissions error.

The problem is that I have (literally) links to 500 docs I need to give permissions one-by-one, which is insane. Is there any solution to this issue?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
2020-10-27T15:53:19+00:00

You might try going to System Preferences > Privacy and grant full disc access to Microsoft Word. Also allow Files and Folders in that same dialog.

Granting permissions is something required by Mac OS. If you locate your files inside your Mac OS Documents folder, OneDrive, or SharePoint they are considered to be in safe locations and Mac OS won't pester you for additional permissions.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-30T14:23:37+00:00

    Hi Moshe Pupkin,

    Is the issue solved now? Welcome to post back if there are any updates.

    Regards,

    Clark

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments