WORD Unexpected error 50001

Anonymous
2020-10-31T18:55:34+00:00

Whenever I start or close WORD, I get an Unexpected Error 50001.  WORD seems to work just fine, but I still get those messages. I do NOT get the message with any other Office software.

MacBook Air OS 10.15.7

WORD  16.42

Help!

[Moved from Word / Mac / Office 2016 for Mac]

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.9K Reputation points
2020-10-31T22:03:45+00:00

Jim mentioned a few but there literally are hundreds.

In addition to checking for add-ins in Word, itself, have a look at > System Preferences> Users & Accounts - Login Items. It's possible that it may be some other background process.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2020-10-31T21:10:12+00:00

    Some popular Word add-ins are Adobe Acrobat, Grammerly, EndNote, Zotero, and a host of others you will find in the Insert Add-ins > Get Addins button on the Insert tab of the Ribbon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.9K Reputation points
    2020-10-31T19:07:56+00:00

    It's difficult to tell exactly what is causing it but my first suspicion is that there is a problem with some sort of 3rd party add-in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-11T09:06:53+00:00

    Hi Jake,

    Sorry for the inconvenience to your work, may I know if the problem is solved?

    If the issue persists, please try to start your Mac in safe mode and then open Word to check the performance, it would be helpful to diagnose problems.

    Reference: Start up your Mac in safe mode

    Hope you are all well during this period, stay safe and let me know if you still need help here.

    Best Regards,

    Arck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-31T19:16:46+00:00

    What could I have added? What are some possible 3rd party add-on to Word?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments