How to use the lasso (to copy / paste) handwriting om an Android Samsung Tab S4

Anonymous
2021-01-27T13:14:08+00:00

I'm trying to find info about how to use the lasso function to select handwriting (ink?) in a handwritten note in OneNote on my Samsung S4 Tab. I can select the area; get the 8 handles and navigation button (white circle with 4 arrows) in the center of the selected writing. However I can't get the copy / paste / cut menu. (I followed some instructions available for iPad or iPhones but they don't work. (Ie. select an area inside the selected area with your finger or pen ...)

I don't know how to determine the OneNote app version running on my android (Version: 8.1.0) tab  but I religiously apply all updates as they're delivered via Google Play Store.

Any help available?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T17:44:29+00:00

    Hi Jomel

    Thanks for the quick reply and background info.

    In setting up the test (to recreate the issue) for recording, I was able to use the lasso / copy / paste functions.

    The trick (I believe) is to quickly tap the white button with the 4 arrows in the middle of the selected text block. The 'Cut Copy Paste Select All' options appear. I select 'copy' and then navigate to a new page; select the lasso (on the new page) again and tap the space on the new page; the paste option appears which I tap and voila! the copied text block appears.

    I think my problem was too heavy use of the S-pen.

    You can close this issue.

    Many thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T19:00:31+00:00

    I see. Thank you for updating us. We're glad that you were able to use the Lasso tool to copy and paste. We appreciate you providing the steps you've performed in resolving this concern. This would be a great help to other users who are experiencing the same behavior.

    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T17:10:10+00:00

    Hi Arrivisto,

    Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community. Based on your description, you're experiencing issues with using the Lasso Select tool to copy or paste handwriting in OneNote for Android. Allow us to check this further and get this addressed.

    OneNote features and steps may differ depending on the device that you're using. If this feature is available on iOS version, it might not on the Android version of OneNote. To know about your OneNote version or if your OneNote is up-to-date, you may go Google PlayStore and check if OneNote has a pending update. You can also check the version by opening the OneNote app and click your account > Settings.

    For us to see a clearer picture of what's happening on your end, we'd like request a video when you use the Lasso Select tool in OneNote for Android. You may share it with us by creating a OneDrive link and forward it via the Private Message we've sent to your profile.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments