Cannot append records due to key violations

Anonymous
2017-04-02T18:15:22+00:00

I am trying to append records from TableA to TableB.  TableA, the source table has a PK field "AssessmentID" with about 1000 records - no duplicates. 

The destination table also has a field AssessmentID but there are no records currently in the destination table. None of the fields in the destination table are set to Required. AssessmentID in the destination table is indexed and set to No Duplicates.  The other two fields in the destination table that are not receiving any data via the append are indexed with duplicates set to ok.

Access is coming back with an error saying it cannot append any records due to key violations however it does append one record.

Any suggestions as to the reason I am getting the key violation error?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-02T20:01:27+00:00

    Thanks allot Tom - found a unique index property I wasn't aware of.

    Rob

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Tom van Stiphout 40,216 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2017-04-02T19:41:27+00:00

    I would inspect the destination table by designing it and opening the Indexes dialog. Maybe there are more indexes than you think.

    Also I would put the table on the Relationships form and right click > Show Direct. Maybe there are enforced relations that are tripping you up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments