How to reset cached new outook app imap settings

Anonymous
2025-06-24T11:28:00+00:00

{

"idpStatusCode": "BadRequest", 

"error": "BadRequest", 

"errorDescription": "Changing the ImapRemoteServerInfo is not allowed. Attempted to changed it from '\*\*\*\*\*remove PII\*\*\*\*' to '\*\*\*remove PII \*\*\*\*", 

"innerError": null 

}
I am getting this error when i try to sign back in after i have changed my webmail service provider.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

9 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-07T11:27:25+00:00

    Hello, Sanket!

    Have you proceeded with this issue yet? I am so sorry that my previous response didn't meet your expectation.

    As I have searched your provided domain, Unfortunately, since these domains are managed by a third-party provider, they fall outside the scope of Microsoft's support services. As a forum moderator, I'm unable to directly check or resolve issues related to these domains.

    I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding. If you have any other questions or need assistance with Microsoft services, please feel free to let me know.

    Hope for your kindness and understanding in this issue.

    Best regards,

    Alina-Le - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-02T06:46:09+00:00

    I have sent you an email with the account. Let me know how to proceed further. Thank You.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T19:02:41+00:00

    I cannot switch back to my old ISP as it was an webmail on a shared hosting which is expired now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Robert Sparnaaij [MVP] 18,406 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-06-26T17:36:04+00:00

    Could you send me an email with the address that you want to have reset?

    You can find my address on the About page of my website; About - Robert 365

    I guess you have no option to temporarily switch back your email to the old ISP?
    Otherwise, that could have been a way to recover as well. You could then logon to New Outlook again and choose "Sign-out on all devices". That will remove the Cloud Mailbox configuration as well. Then you can switch it back to the new ISP and upon configuring New Outlook, it will create a new Cloud Mailbox with the new settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T07:54:49+00:00

    As told by Robert this not a local issue so I'm unable to solve it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments