How can i fix outlook ignoring my language settings.

Anonymous
2025-02-22T04:57:16+00:00

The outlook app on my android phone has begun displaying in japanese, despite my default language being set to english on both my phone and in the outlook app itself. How do i fix this?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

21 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T13:34:16+00:00

    Same problem. Someone hacked me and changed my language for russian, but i changed manually. So in my email and phone stay Russian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-06T19:02:03+00:00

    Looks like it is related to Android. I also started seeing messages in Russian here in there (I have OnePlus).

    I fixed that issue by removing Russian language from Android settings and then added Russian in keyboard settings. Works so far.

    This is the solution for now, thank you SStepanov. Remove all the other languages from Android Settings (Settings -> General Management -> Language) and only add languages to your keyboard, e.g. GBoard. Tested and looks like it is holding on S25 Ultra.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T06:49:44+00:00

    Looks like it is related to Android. I also started seeing messages in Russian here in there (I have OnePlus).

    I fixed that issue by removing Russian language from Android settings and then added Russian in keyboard settings. Works so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T20:53:39+00:00

    This is happening for me as well. It's been happening since the last Android update on my Pixel 6 Pro. I have reported this to Google and they say it's just an app issue, but the language is also changing on my pull down menu in Android (where it shows Wifi, bluetooth, flashlight, etc.).

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T20:17:17+00:00

    Same problem occurred for my Galaxy S25 Ultra as well today. I tried to attache some pic from phone and Outlook automatically switched to Chinese. I tried to enforce setting in Outlook and device and reboot, these does not help at all.

    --- update: change back outlook language to use system default fixed the issue. Looks like it was a bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments