How can i fix outlook ignoring my language settings.

Anonymous
2025-02-22T04:57:16+00:00

The outlook app on my android phone has begun displaying in japanese, despite my default language being set to english on both my phone and in the outlook app itself. How do i fix this?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

21 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T11:45:58+00:00

    Same problem, Samsung S25 Ultra, reverts to Romanian menus, even if the app settings clearly shows "English".

    Force stopping and clearing cache fixes it... for like a day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T14:13:54+00:00

    Hello,

    My Hotmail account was hacked and is now secured but the language is now in Russian. I have ensured the language on Microsoft on the browser is English and logged out, clearer cache. I cannot navigate my emails and I cannot change the language. Help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T00:50:10+00:00

    Was having similar issues was described by several:

    Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy 25

    Behaviors experienced:

    • Outlookobile defaulted all system folders (inbox, sent items, drafts, meetings, all menu items) was in another language (Spanish in my case).
    • setting the Outlook language to English would fix it until I moved to inbox or any other folder or went back into settings
    • setting the Outlook language to "system default" (which is English for me) would do the same as above.
    • Clearing cache, uninstalling the app, etc did not work

    Solution:

    In Android System Settings , navigate to General Management, go to Language and delete the additional languages (in my case, left English as the only one).

    Then under General Management l, go to Language Packs and do the same (I'm pretty sure this was unnecessarybuy I did both of these things and it worked for me whereas nothing else worked for days)...

    I'll be installing the secondary language again since it helps detect Spanish (or w/e other languages you use) words in auto correct and the swipe keyboard.

    Hope this helps others

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T11:20:29+00:00

    sam issue here,

    if I enabled "Outlook Device Policy" as Device admin app, it will also effect others apps

    very annoyed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T21:52:55+00:00

    Solution above worked for me for the issue where things were showing up in Traditional Chinese for me. Fix seems to be holding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments